Thursday, November 19, 2009

New Season Expectation and Transfers

So, here we are entering a new season with new season expectations and new transfer kitty.

Like usual, I am given the chance to pick the aim for the team in this new season.

To play safe, I chose to avoid relegation. The transfer budget available was pretty high with me having 22m to spend .However, the wage allocated was too low and because of that, I have to spend approximately 11m of the transfer money to allow the team to attract better players with better wage structure.


Before making any bold move to sign big name players, I checked out the players released by their clubs and spotted few big names.


The likes of Deco, Louis Saha, De Laet were available and if they could join me, I would save up some money for my 11m transfer budget.De Laet would be a fantastic signings given how versatile he is and he has proved that he can gel well in my team after last season loan.Saha will be great because to survive in Premier League, the team would need someone experienced upfront and he will team well with Camara because both are equally good.Deco's age and high wage will be something to worry about but his creativity is something the team desperately need of.

In the end,only Saha and De Laet agreed to join the team. Deco snubbed the deal in favour of a move to Zaragoza which he thinks as a bigger club compared to Q.P.R.


Team Analysis:

With the transfer budget left 11m, I have to analyze where and which position I have to improve before.

1.Goalkeeper
Cerny is not good enough to be the 1st choice and my asisstant only described him as "decent" player which means we need a better goalkeeper than him to be the #1

2.Leftback/Right back
The leftback position is a big problem because Borrowdale never convince me about making him the 1st choice left back and a lot of goals last season was conceded because of his errors.A Must-Improve area.Peter Ramage is a decent right back but we will need another backup to cover for him in case any injury happens.

3.Center Midfielder/Defending Midfielder
The team was in a disastrous state after Ben Watson(who was on loan from Wigan) left the team in January.Faurlin is far from a convincing midfielder. Another Must-Improve positions.




Players In:

I searched through the players transfer listed list and found some bargains there.Hart, Dossena and Jermaine Jones were listed and thus I bought all of them. Hart was cheap but a quality player.Jones is the bargain here.

At at age of 28, this former Schalke player seems to have an impressive stats.Take a look at his stats.

His work rate is 20, team work is 18 and most importantly, determination is 20!Determination is very very important for club like us who always trail behind our opponents to get back into the game.

His impressive tackling, concentration, marking and bravery makes him a very good anchor man.Physically, he is as good as the likes of Essien and Mascherano.3.4m? What a bargain.

Besides Jones, I brought in another midfielder. It's the young English holding midfielder Cattermole.It's a swap+ cash deal.

He is only 21 and all the key attributes for a good midfielder, he has it.He will only be better and I'm glad that Sunderland accepted the swap deal. :D

Players Out:


To be honest, I never knew it's so hard to sell the player out. I had been offering most of the unwanted players to the clubs with a discounted price and none of them really interested in it.So, I had no choice but to release and terminate contracts to keep the wage in balance.


All sets and ready.New season here we come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You!