Thursday, November 5, 2009

Preseason Friendlies and Transfers

Preseason friendlies

Preseason friendly matches for my team was ok.The team was doing great and won a couple of games with big score margin.However, there is something wrong with the team when it comes to playing against bigger and better clubs.

Against Lanus, the match ended up with a draw despite leading the match for 70minutes.Conceding late goal is gonna be vital in future for the run of getting promotion.That's something I have to solve.

In the final game of friendly match against Stoke City, my team ended up losing 3 goals.It worries me a little because the next match will be the 1st league match and this defeat, undoubtedly, will have a negative effect on the team.But it's not the end of the world.It gives me a clear indication on where and how I have to improve the team but I have limited budget because I already spent a huge chunk of money earlier.



Transfers

The team is quite weak to challenge for promotion and with limited budget and many positions need improvement, I can't possibly improve all of them at the same time.Thus, I identified the team and found out few of the weaker but vital areas that need to be improved.

First of all, it's the center back position.Most of the center backs have a rather high marking ranging from 13- 17 but their concentration are too low and that's dangerous for the team especially when they are hanging on a one-goal-lead advantage.


Then, I found out that Q.P.R only have a goalkeeper in their 1st team squad.*speechless* That would mean I have to get a decent goalkeeper as well.Furthermore, they only have one left back.So, I definitely have to get another one.

The striking department doesn't convince me at all.Some are old, some are slow, some are physically weak and some have terrible attributes.


Szamotulski and De Laet were brought in for free.I signed De Laet because of his versatility and it can proves improtant for long run if any one the defending departments players have a long term injury.Szamotulski was signed to provide backup to Cerny because the team have no more money to buy a quality goalkeepers after splashing a large chunk of cash on center back and striker.

For center back, I bought in Otamendi from Velez. Fairly high rated centerback.



For a 21 years old, he has a rather impressive stats.His marking is at 15 and concentration at 14 and most importantly, he is physical strong! Championship is a league of physical so he has to be strong at the back to take down strikers =P

Talking about strikers, Salvio is the young striker I brought in for a high price.He is only 19 and I'm buying him for the future because my assistant described him as "definite purchase".Of course, it would be better if he can make an instant impact.


It took me 3.7m pound to sign him.His finishing is quite poor and he doesn't have the desirable composure or technique to be a good striker.What convinced me to sign him were his high attribute in Flair and determination.If you notice, Otamendi has a high determination too.To me, a player with high determination is vital for mid-table club.It's essential that key players in team have high determination because with that, they can keep their head up and fight back when they are trailing.Next, high flair.Players with high flair tend to be the key figure of attacking for a team.They are usually a match winner.In addition to that, Salvio seems to be having a well built physical presence and this could be good because I will need him as target man for the team.

To be honest, there is another reason I signed him.I was worried about Otamendi becoming a flop because of adaptation problem so I bought a fellow Argentinian to allow them to help each other to settle and adapt to the English Footballs.



For the players out, I sold out Mahon and Leigertwood to Derby because they are simply not good enough if we are to challenge for promotion.

Then, few days before the closing of transfer window, Sunderland came knocking the door asking for Balanta who is a good prospect and because of the price they offered me, I can't refuse and off he goes, joining Sunderland.

I'm done with my transfers before the 1st match which was on 08.08.09 and the next post will be talking about how my team kicking off in the league in the 1st month.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You!