Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Season Of Death or Survival

Previous post, I showed all the transfer made before the season kick off.Today, I'm going to share how those signings affects my Q.P.R run in Premier League.

Early Run:
The team had a mixed start.Drawn 2-2 against Bolton, followed by a defeat against Man Utd and a narrow win against Wolves.However, there is something worth happy about.


Salvio claimed the young player of the month award yet again but this time in Premier League.He's worth every penny of the 3.7m I paid for him.Easily the best signing I have ever made beside Otamendi.

The following months were decent as we made everyone know they shouldn't take us easy just because we are the newly promoted team.

In one of the match at home, against Spurs, Salvio again, to the savior but...

only to be denied by a Jermain Defoe's late goal that stole a point from us.


In the match against Chelsea, the team managed to steal a surprise win .


New signing, Jones scored the only goal in the match...Surprisingly, the team managed to kept a clean sheet .

Our Formation and Line up:



Chelsea's Formation and Line up:


Judging from the lineup, it's clear that they have a far better and stronger lineup than us.We got lucky to get that 3 points.

Carlo Ancelotti was angry I guess... Few weeks later, his Chelsea side knocked us out from Carling cup.Cattermole scored 1st but Terry and Cavani scored 2 goals to come back from behind and knocked us out of Carling cup. Sigh...

Against Top Four:
Against the top Four,we had an excellent results.We managed to have a 1 defeat, 1 victory 2 draws against them.

Man Utd beat us in their own turf and we beat Chelsea at home.

Against Arsenal and Liverpool, we managed to hold a 0-0 result and given that we were playing away, those 2 matches are considered to be fantastic results.


Bad discipline:
The main problem of the team now is the bad discipline on pitch.Cards are flying around from match to match.

As early as 15 league matches,we already had 5 red cards.


We actually have 3 players in top 10 of the red card table.Dossena and Otamendi loves red I guess.

League Standing:
By January, the team already played 20 league matches.

In those 20 matches, we managed to win only 7! Only 7! Drawn 9 and lost 4.

On the top of table we have Chelsea who had 50 points, 20 points more than us.
Sitting on 7th isn't exactly that bad, huh? Especially with one of the top four behind me.




Next post, Wonderkid on left back.Stay tuned.

4 comments:

TheZiggy said...

Well done, after 20 games you're sitting in 7th place, which is the same position I've achieved for QPR after the same number of games.

The number of red cards is not good. I've had one so far, although I'm sure if I hadn't made a couple of substitutions we might have had a couple more, as sometimes you can see a player seems to trying to get sent off, still committing lots of fouls after getting a yellow.

Collocini of Newcastle in my game though had a nightmare start, with 4 red cards from 5 league matches.

You should finish with a decent position, hopefully staying in the top half after that start.

FM Freak Kid said...

Hey there TheZiggy, thanks for dropping by again.

To be honest, we are lucky to be there on 7th especially having only won 7 games out of 20.The rest of the teams did badly too which is why our 9 draws plays a part there in getting us top half of the table.

The good thing is of course, we managed to keep ourselves from conceding too many goals.We are the 3rd least conceding team in league now, after Chelsea and Arsenal.

I'm so addicted to the game now.I think I will be able to finish 2nd season by tomorrow :)

TheZiggy said...

I noticed you'd been pretty tight at the back which is excellent. At the end of the season I think I'll change my formation away from the 4-4-2, to either the 4-5-1 you're using, or a wide diamond formation. Depends on whether I think I can go with the lone striker or not.

The game is massively addictive, but I'm trying to pace myself.

FM Freak Kid said...

You can try 4-5-1 out if you have good midfielders.My strongest area in the whole team is the midfield which is why I always play more midfielders on pitch. The likes of Cattermole and Jones are awesome.Not only they are good in winning balls, tracking back to help defending, they also good in scoring goals and assisting.

To be honest with you, another reason why I m using 4-5-1 is because my strikers are hopeless.Besides Camara, the rest are not scoring.Saha is on a goal drought now.

So,if you have good strikers who can score a lot, might as well stick with 4-4-2.

;)

Post a Comment

Thank You!