Thursday, February 18, 2010

Pre Season Friendly And Signings

In my last post, Anonymous asked for preseason report.So, this post will be talking about my preseason activity. Do take note that the title of the post incidate it's pre season friendly and not friendlies. I have no idea why but my assistant manager canceled out all preseason friendlies except one.Maybe, he is resting players for Community Shield...Maybe...

Meanwhile, let's put the preseason friendly aside and talk about 2 signings I made because one of them happened to be the Man Of The Match for the friendly match!

Encouraged by the fact that free signings can make a big impact, an example of Milan Baros, I decided to try out another few free signings.Two free signings...

Coincidentally, these 2 players happen to be french players. Haha...Am I'm trying to build a team of Le France? The answer is..Nope!It's mere coincidence!

The first french player is...

David N'Gog

*Too see his stats ,click to enlarge*
This former Liverpool Football Club player happened to have his contract expired in the summer with PSG reluctant to offer him a new one.So, I jumped in and offered him a contract.

Straight after he joined us, his estimated value increased to 6m pound! If he cant make any impact, I will sell him cheap... Even 3-4m is a profit for me. Heh!


2nd player I signed is Mathieu Valbuena.Also on free...

*Too see his stats ,click to enlarge*
Actually, I signed him as a companion for french players I'm trying to sign like Ribery, Sakho and others.

Now that, I have N'Gog in the house, he will serve as a good companion for N'Gog and can acts as a backup player for Salvio.I'm kinda short of AMR anyway. ;)

Back to preseason friendly...

Our only Friendly opponent is FC Lorient.

Like I mentioned earlier, one of these free signings turned out to be man of the match.

*click to enlarge*

N'Gog managed to score 2 in 3 minutes.Another Baros in the making? Lol.Both happen to be former Liverpool former. Is that mere coincidence or former Liverpool flops forward have what it needs to do well in my club? Maybe I should try signing Djibril Cisse, Emile Heskey, Craig Bellamy, Robbie Keane and few others. :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another great post!looking forward to your next siggningsss

TheZiggy said...

A couple of interesting free signings.

I took full control of arranging friendlies, because my assistant would either not arrange many at all, or would arrange them 3 or 4 games in the space of about a week. I actually played 6 friendlies start of my current season, and there were still a few players that hadn't reached match fitness.

Post a Comment

Thank You!