Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Do The Impossible-Superb Comeback!!!

In the League Cup quarter final,the team was drawn against Newcastle.I never get serious with League Cup.Thus, I only fielded 2 1st team player.

Only Cattermole and Otamendi remained in the lineup.

E.Johnsen replaced Joe Hart in front of goal.Santa Cruz get chance to prove me wrong that he is not a flop.Santos, a regen wonderkid get another start.

The team started the game horribly.Cattermole was sent off on 12minutes and opponents managed to score 1minute later.When Half times arrived, the team is already trailed by 2 goals.

When the 2nd half started, I thought the team would play better after my scolding but it turned out that they played worse.Andy Carroll scored the 3rd goal to ensure that we couldn't win the match.

On 56minutes, I decided to change things up, putting all 3 subs on the pitch, hoping that it would change the game.

Santos came off for the in form Baros.Jones came on for Buzsaky.And Kerrison replaced Borrowdale to make the formation now, 3-4-3.

I removed one of the wingback and put Jermaine Jones as Anchor Man to act as an additional defensive cover to allow the rest of the team to go all out for the match with the mentality of the team set to Overload.

Miracle did happen. Baros was the hero.Just 2minutes on the pitch, he already start scoring.His 1st came on 58minute.

On 61minutes of the game, Jones scored a stunner from 30yards out to give the team a glimspe of hope.

On 76minute of the game, Baros scored his second and completed his hat trick 3 minutes later and single-handedly won us the game.

We came back from 3 behind to score 4 and won the game.Greatest game my team ever produced!

3 super subs ultimately changed the game.

I learned one thing.

Never afraid to try and take the risks.Anything is possible.Impossible is nothing.

2 comments:

TheZiggy said...

That really is an outstanding comeback, especially with a player having been sent off early in the match.

When I was playing the demo I managed a comeback from 2-0 down to win 3-2, which I thought was impressive at the time, but that was nothing to what you've achieved here, especially as I still had all the players on the pitch.

FM Freak Kid said...

Yes, I'm really proud of the team especially most of them are fringe players of my squad.

Wouldn't say E.Johnsen did bad but his usual performance were better, still proud of his late performance in this match though.

Post a Comment

Thank You!