Saturday, January 9, 2010

The 3rd Season Ends On High

Finally, I managed to finish the 3rd season and the team came out with an outstanding yet unexpected league standing.


Because the thin depth of squad, we suffered few setbacks in the last few games, losing a lot of points and letting Liverpool took the advantage and won the league just one point more than us.Still, I have to give credits to my team for their spirit to fight until the end that led us to this incredible standing in league.

Finishing 2nd in the league allow us to gain as much as 19.6m pound.Not that I get to use the money anyway but still, I'm happy for the team.

A lot of people didn't expect us to do that well in league but it all thanks to 2 person.They are Keirrison and Baros.Because of their outstanding lethal partnership, we won a lot of games we shouldn't be winning because of the odds that were against us.


Baros scored 23 league goals and Keirrison scored 22.What bargains I get by signing them.Keirrison only joined us for 5millions from Barcelona while Baros is a free signing I made in the summer.Not only Baros scored 23 goals for us, he also


created as much as 14 goals in league. Top 4 goalscorer in league, top 4 assists in league.Brilliant signing.For now, he is definitely THE BEST SIGNING I ever made! Simply outstanding.

Here's Baros overall stats for this season.


He scored an outstanding 29 goals and assisted another 16 goals in his 37 starts and 7 subs appearances.

Keirrison, on the other hand,


scored 27 goals in all competitions and made up 8 assists.He also among the top 3 in the league average rating chart.


Captain Jones top the chart of making the most successful tackles per game, beating World Class players like Mascherano, Essien in the process.


Just in case you guys forget...Folks, we are into Champion League next season!



HOORAY!

7 comments:

Miku said...

Incredible.Im amazed at how u managed to turn a mediocre baros into a fantastic poacher.How u did dat?

Kevin said...

Well done on your League Cup success and coming second in the Premier. If memeory serves QPR were runners up in real life to Liverpool in the old First Division. Your tactic is very attacking and seems to work well for you. Good luck with you European quest next season

Lye said...

Well done and fantastic achievement. By getting few players in you should have high chance of winning the title next season.

FM Freak Kid said...

@Miku: All I did was playing him as target man.I guess his experience with Aston Villa and Liverpool did help him settle well in England.

@Kevin:Hey,thanks!Yes, I'm a fans of attacking football.Although I conceded rather a lot of goals, I still enjoy using this attacking tactic.It gives much much more enjoyment to me.

@Lye:I was thinking of a squad overhaul since the wage budgets doesn't allow me to bring in more players.1-2 players should be ok but more than that, I have to sell and offload a few players 1st to afford to pay for the wages.

TheZiggy said...

Congratulations on a brilliant season, winning the League Cup and coming 2nd in the league. QPR did indeed come 2nd to Liverpool back in 1976, again by a single point, playing some very exciting football. I have vague memories of that, only becoming a QPR fan a couple of years later after we'd been relegated. I followed my grandfather who had been a fan since 1918, and was a steward for the club from the later 70's onwards.

Good luck for the next season, as the schedule will be somewhat harder as you'll be competing in the Champions Cup.

FM Freak Kid said...

See the table and you know I get lucky.West Brom get into top 10 and ManUtd finished out of top10.

Anyway, I'm eager to kick off my new season and win some trophies :D

Anonymous said...

Ur baros won't last long.He is in his thirties so u surely need a replacement.

Post a Comment

Thank You!