Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My First League Cup Final




The League Cup is up for grab!If you guys follow my blog closely, you would have know that this is my very first League Cup Final with Q.P.R...In previous match, we beat Chelsea in 90th minute to proceed into Final which we will be facing Manchester City.

I fancy beautiful attacking football.In addition, I don't really care about winning or losing the final.To me, league cup is not important.Thus, I decided to play an attractive attacking football to please our fans who travel to Wembley to watch the team playing.A 3-4-3 formation was chosen.


I wouldn't want to tear off the lethal partnership of Baros and Keirrison but simultaneously I want Cristaldo to feature in some part of the game.So, I chose to start with 3 strikers.Aliev and Salvio who did brilliantly on the flanks will continue starting on their usual role.On the central midfield, there will be a little changes made due to the suspension on Jones.

Rodwell will partners the super-sub Gosling in the middle of the park with Kacar dropped back to defense.

For City, they decided to play with a traditional 4-4-2 formation.


Zarate started the game alongside Tevez while Adebayor warms the bench for no reason.I have no idea why they dropped their most dangerous man , Adebayor Obviously,Adebayor's height and aerial ability will be a big problem for us to deal with.So, I should be thanking them because that will give us less problem to deal with in defense.

The game started brightly. Keirrison scored the 1st when it was barely 3minutes into match time.However, the happiness didn't last long.Tevez scored in 36th minute to equalize for City and scored another in 60minutes to push City ahead of the game with 30minutes left. But...But...It's not game over.

Cristaldo scored 2 goals in 2 minutes to give the team the crucial lead after the team was trailing with 1 goal just 8minutes earlier.City tried to change the game by putting on Adebayor but they were trying in vain.

Full Time: Q.P.R 3-2 Manchester City


The team won the cup! This is my 1st ever trophy beside the Coca Cola Championship 2 seasons ago.Although it's just a little , not-so-important cup, I'm still happy with my team's overall performance in this competition.

In the 2nd round of League Cup, we beat Charlton 4-1 at Loftus Road.Then, we continued our brilliant form by beating Villa and Spurs 2-0 despite being the underdogs team.Then, the team, again beat the odds and made a record by coming back from 3-0 down by scoring 4 goals with only 10men on field after Cattermole was sent off on the 12minutes.


In the semi final, it was as dramatic as the previous few matches.The team only managed to steal a last minute win from bitter rival to proceed into the final.

To put it simpler, I'm soooooooooo proud of my team.No words can describe how happy I am being able to build such a team.I expect more glory in future.

6 comments:

Lye said...

Congratulations on winning your 1st trophy, i hope this will be the stepping stone for greater honors to come.

Laxeyman said...

Well done, Man City are a strong side, you are doing a great job. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Your team always like to come back from behind.It's risky because you don't come back in every match!Well done though

Sharingan said...

Hw to awz cum bac from losin?

TheZiggy said...

Congratulations on winning your first trophy, with a great performance. In my game I've found Man City are a strange side, which my QPR team seem to be able to do well against.

One of the biggest keys to a side that can make a lot of comebacks is to do with determination. It's not the only thing, but I love to build up a team that has a lot of determination, which I imagine the team here has as well.

You only have to look at some of the teams in real life for illustrations. Man United used to be the masters of the late comeback or sneaking a late winner in a tight match.

FM Freak Kid said...

For weaker and smaller team like us, we always have to find great players with great determination which is why half of my squad have at least 17-18 determination.Anyway, thanks for all the comments!

Post a Comment

Thank You!