Wednesday, January 20, 2010

We Like To Do It From Behind.

Sounds weird? Sounds wrong? But that's the fact.My team like it from behind.If you follow my blog close enough , you will definitely know that my players like it so much that they do it almost every match.

My 1st match of Champion League football this season was against Sporting CP.

To be honest with you guys, I took them lightly and it backfired.I put on Areola as GK instead of the in form Joe Hart.

Before Half Time, Miguel Veloso already scored 2 goals to put the away team in lead.2 goals lead.I don't want to lose the match.I hate losing.Losing at home makes it worse.So, I took few risk taking steps by reverting the original 4-4-2 into 3-4-3 and I made 2 changes in Half Time.

Weirdly, these 2 players changed the whole game and the scoreline.

Full Time:

We came back from behind to draw the game.

This is the players rating and stats after the match.

Apparently, I took out 2 wingbacks and Connolly made up the 3 centerbacks in defence.

Keirrison, Baros and Cristaldo lead the striking line.As you can see Baros didn't score in this match.You might be laughing that someone like him won't be able to keep up the form and continue scoring.The fact is,


He scored 4 goals in 4 matches in league.One of these 4 games he played was actually from bench.In other words, he scored 4 goals in 3 starts .

Right now, he is the Premier League Top Scorer with 7 goals in as much games.

Because of him, I...


Won the September Boss Award. <3 Baros!

3 comments:

TheZiggy said...

An excellent month in the league, and great comeback to draw level with Sporting CP. The team seem to be great at making these comebacks. For some reason my team is more inclined to take the lead and then let it slip to end up with a draw.

Nice to see that Baros is still showing great form, just as I've been getting great performances from Balanta who is also not rated particulary highly. Good luck with the next set of matches.

FM Freak Kid said...

Another proof that stats means nothing.Correct tactical approach is what important now.

Kevin said...

Hi FM Freak Kid
Congrat's on a good month there.I'm beginning to think you are right about the stats thing.I'm tempted to load another game, just concentrating on the tactis. Keep the Swindon blog going though.

Post a Comment

Thank You!