Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Still Queens Park Rangers!

Hi guys,I'm still managing Queens Park Rangers.It's my 4th season .Normally,the very 1st thing I do for early season is to sign players to improve the current squad but this time around, I should be signing a new assistant manager to help me out because....

Big clubs keep stealing staffs away from me.Each and every season, I have to replace someone in some area.Damn it.If only our club is bigger and richer(in wage), I'm sure I will be able to keep them in club! Screw those big clubs!

For the start of season expectations, I chose qualifying for continental as our minimum season expectation despite finishing 2nd last season.I'm trying to play safe.

Even for that,we got as much as 27m of transfer budget and as little as 725k in wage.I think as usual, I will spend some money to increase the wage budget.

Back to transfer activity,I sold off Andrea Dossena, Peter Ramage and others simply because they are not good enough to be in the 1st team.They had been blowing cold and hot for sometimes.They just cant play consistently and force me to find replacement to replace them.Sorry and thanks for everything.

In this transfer window, I made as much as 8 transfer.4 of them are hot prospect for the future.

Initially, I signed a wonderkid for left back position.A Regen 17 years old with incredible impressive stats- Sorin Velicu.Due to the fact that he is only 17 and yet to reach 18, he can only join my team in January.That left me no choice but to sign another left back for the time being and I splashes 14million to sign Monzon from FC Lorient.

Here's Monzon's stats.Click to enlarge if you want to see it in a clearer view.

For right back position left behind by Peter Ramage,I signed Rafinha from Schalke.He will fight his right back position with Dan Gosling, the young gems in my team.

Julio Baptista arrived on free to replace the Santa Cruz who just cant score goals for me.Took 2.4m from Burnley and wave my hands , saying goodbye to Santa Cruz.


Kaspars Gorkss was sold off to Reading for 500k and Shawcross arrived from Man Utd for 4m pound.

Other signings like Areola, Derbal,Caldirola and Velicu are hot prospect I signed for reserves :P

For our fixture, we start our season with a trip to White Hart Lane before playing Man Utd at Loftus Road.


But the most important match will be the one on 27th October, vs Chelsea.They are our fierce rivals and of course it will be the most important match for the 1st half of the season.


For preseason friendlies,


The pre season friendlies have been brilliant.We won all the matches.Joe Hart had been impressive, keeping 5 cleansheet in 6 preseason friendlies.Not only that we are able to keep as much as 5 cleansheets, we also won the matches with big score margin.Simply brilliant!

I can't wait to kick start the new season! Til then!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

MONZON IS OVERRATED BECAUSE HIS STATS WILL FOREVER STAY LIKE THAT.WILL NOT IMPROVE FURTHER.RAFINHA IS A GOOD BUY THOUGH.

Kevin said...

Excellent pre season. You really gave your opponents a good hammering. Good luck with your opener at White Hart Lane

TheZiggy said...

I'm amazed that you kept Kaspars Gorkss for so long, as they really aren't up to premiership standard. Santa Cruz being poor doesn't surprise me, as I got him on a free in FM09 and he really didn't perform well.

It will be interesting to see how the new signings do, but I'm sure they will perform better than the players they have replaced. Good luck for the season, especially with the tough match first up to White Hart Lane.

Darren Smith said...

Now then mate, thought I'd check your site out. You left a comment on mine a while ago (allthatisfootballmanager) Im QPR and they can be difficult. Can't agree more about the wages...I've missed out on some good players because of the boards reluctance to cough up. I reckon the small stadium is partly to blame. Anyway look me up sometime and leave some tips. PS good job with the site I like it!!!!!

Lye said...

Some decent signings there, but Monzon doesn't seem to have very high attributes in marking and tackling. I hope he can perform well for you.
Good luck for the new season ahead

FM Freak Kid said...

@The Ziggy:
Didn't really play Gorkss.He was a backup and I was looking for buyer.Unfortunately, no one wiling to buy him for more than 500k even though he is valued at 1-2m.Yes, Santa Cruz is shit in my game and I wonder why.A friend of mine actually did well after buying him.I guess, different approach different outcome.

FM Freak Kid said...

@Darren Smith:
Yes, most of the time, I have to cough up transfer fee to increase the wage caps.Anyway, welcome to my site.Thanks for dropping by.

@Lye:
I do think that I pay over the odds for Monzon.Hopefully, he will play well for me.

Post a Comment

Thank You!